New! No external dependencies
With C++11, most of Asio can be used without any extra dependencies. More...
Who is using Asio?
Add your project here
Latest Stable Release
Asio version 1.10.2
(Note: Boost.Asio 1.10.2 will also be included in Boost 1.56.)
Latest Development Release
Asio version 1.11.0
Asio C++ Library
Asio is a cross-platform C++ library for network and low-level I/O programming that provides developers with a consistent asynchronous model using a modern C++ approach.
What does Asio provide?
Asio provides the basic building blocks for C++ networking, concurrency and other kinds of I/O.
What kind of applications can use Asio?
Asio is used in all kinds of applications, from phone apps to the world's fastest share markets.
Asio and Boost.Asio
Asio comes in two variants: (non-Boost) Asio and Boost.Asio. More...
Asio is released under the Boost Software License
The following platforms and compilers have been tested:
- Win32 and Win64 using Visual C++ 7.1, 8.0, 9.0 and 10.0.
- Win32 using MinGW.
- Win32 using Cygwin. (
__USE_W32_SOCKETS must be defined.)
- Linux (2.4 or 2.6 kernels) using g++ 3.3 or later.
- Solaris using g++ 3.3 or later.
- Mac OS X 10.4 and later using g++ 3.3 or later.
The following platforms may also work:
- Win32 using Borland C++Builder 2007.
- AIX 5.3 using XL C/C++ v9.
- HP-UX 11i v3 using patched aC++ A.06.14.
- QNX Neutrino 6.3 using g++ 3.3 or later.
- Solaris using Sun Studio 11 or later.
- Tru64 v5.1 using Compaq C++ v7.1.